Hey Doctors, I had a thread up at the STD Forum, and figured I'd bring it over to this forum, since my question concerns HIV.
Here is a link to my thread: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Risks-Broken-Condom/show/1578250#post_7167933
My most recent HIV test on Nov. 7 (81 days since my potential exposure, just three days shy of 12 weeks) was a rapid test drawn via fingerprick at Planned Parenthood in NYC. That test was NEGATIVE. I was also tested at 3 weeks (rapid test drawn via blood), 6 weeks (lab-based antibody test), and 8 weeks (lab-based antibody test at my GP). All were negative.
I've recently been informed that for as near as 100% certainty, I should have waited until 13 weeks (91 days).
I've read a few threads about 3 months vs. 12 or 13 weeks, but looking for additional clarification specific to my risk factors in prior discussion with Dr. Hook on the STD Forum.
Do you think there's any value to an additional test at this point (nearing 16 weeks), or can I be confident in my prior test results.