Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV Testing

Hello, basically, i understand a conclusive result occours at 3 months, but from browsing other sites and even looking at the NHS (National Health Service UK) website i found this info:

"Anti-HIV testing (window period of 15 days, test sensitivity 99.9%, error frequency of 0.1%), or an HIV combined antigen/antibody testing (window period 11 days, test sensitivity 99.9%, error frequency of 0.1%), or HIV RNA testing (window period 9 days, a combined test sensitivity of 99.995% and a dual error frequency of 0.1%).  Overall estimates are weighted accordingly"

So does this mean you can test at say 11 days with test sensitivity of 99.9% ? surely that is conclusive enough?

7 Responses
MOVE ON. You were given the detail when to test and when the test is conclusive.
sure, but can you just atleast explain why a legitimate source would say this?

and why all those tests say atleasy 99% accuracy within 15 days isnt conclusive enough?

thanks.
No.. I go by the manufactures data and the FDA approval instructions.
I am really sorry to have other people's forum, but I am very afraid it can not be waiting longer
UK testing guidelines. Take your questions up with them.

http://www.bhiva.org/files/file1031097.pdf
i heard it's six months for a very conclusive result....i'm in usa
MOVE ON.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.