A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.3k Members

HIV and Gonorrhea Co-infections?

Hello,

I was  recently diagnosed with Gornorrhea, the doctor gave me antibiotics. I was also got tested for HIV and the result was negative. But right now, I am terrified because CDC links gonorrhea and hiv co-infection. I don't exactly when I got the gonorrhea, but I believe maybe within 2 months only, and I got treated. My question is, was there a chance that I might have been exposed to HIV as well? assuming the person who gave me gonorrhea was also co-infected with HIV? I am very terrified now as the negative result I got from HIV was too soon, and the test might have not picked up. Please advise on this as I'm really scared. The pass 3 months I only performed unprotected oral sex, no orgasm inside my mouth, but there could have been cuts and I didn't notice. I had done oral sex with different persons lately. What are the chances of me getting the HIV as well? Please advise.

Thank you.
6 Responses
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
370181 tn?1428180348
ZERO

(The CDC spends too much money covering their bums)
370181 tn?1428180348
I should also mentioned that the CDC, while claiming the co-infection stats, needs to make it extremely clear that co-infection is possible only IF the gonorrhea is left untreated. Yours was not. Zero chance of cross infection.  
Please or to view.
370181 tn?1428180348
If you only did oral, you have no risk for HIV even if your partner is +.

You DO put yourself at risk for other STD's and should test.

Since you are obviously anxious, test at 28 days post your LAST exposure with a 4th generation DUO test. Do a confirmatory test at 12 weeks for a 100% conclusive result.

Consider using condoms or dental dams while giving or receiving oral sex.  

Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.