Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV and Prostatitis?

First, thank you for taking the time.  Unprotected sex with a female that I know well (but do you really know people? she says i have nothing to worry about) , happened approx 7 weeks ago.  Approximately 3 weeks post, was diagnosed with Prostatitis. I'm a 46 y/o male and have crohn's.  The provider stated usually caused by bacteria, or often times is an unknown cause. All my blood work CBC, CMP etc came back within normal ranges.  We did a gonorrhea and Chlamydia test via urine specimen and it was negative as well.  Antibiotic, seemed to clear it up, though still seem to have mild flare now and then.  

I googled the condition just to look for some additional information. I see that it is one of the most common urologic conditions for men and seems to hit the 40-50 year range most.  I was concerned when I saw that HIV was listed.  To this I am freaked out and have become very stressed.  The provider wasn't even going to do the G&C tests until I asked if we should - and she didn't seem too concerned.  

Question:
1) Is Prostatitis an indication of an HIV infection? An ARS symptom? Do I have a need to worry? (understanding a test is the way to rule out, which I will have done)
2) Can my test at this point in time be considered conclusive once completed?

Thank you!
1 Responses
Thoughts anyone? (sorry if not appropriate to reach back out) Thank you!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.