Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV because Dentist anesthesia treatment

1. if dentist use anesthesia drugs syringe to HIV positive person and after 10 min same syringe use for other person how much chance of transmit HIV
2 if chance of both having transmit and no transmit please clarify how much percent chance to being HIV + and how much chance of HIV negative
7 Responses
Dentists have to follow strict guidelines so therefore that wouldn't happen.
i know that but i want my doubt clear if it was happened like i mention what chance of transmit if u have idea please help me thanks
I can't tell you what the chances are because to my knowledge it's never happened.
k thanks ,, its never happen ??? i shocked i see in my front @ India  in some village the doctor not change syringe to give anesthesia drugs he was in hurry so i just want to clarify my doubt u r not going to point and ignore my exact question m very disappointed any way really thank for giving time but m really in worry and want to know my risk
It would not be a risk because the blood on the tip of a syringe is not infectious,it becomes inactive once exposed to air.
480448 tn?1426948538
This is an irrational fear.  Doctors and dentists do not reuse needles.  They would set themselves up for all kinds of legal problems if they did.  Plus, they also do not do that to protect themselves.

Put it out of your mind.
thnks
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.