HIV Prevention Community

HIV exposure

I had unprotected sex with a woman of unknown status. On occassion shes been known to smoke cocaine---but other than that shes pretty normal--I have badgered her to death about her status to the point her mother had to get involved-I know she had cervical cancer--but shes had children since then ---and recently a 5 year old kid. she and her mother claim to be negative--she wont get tested to prove it because she is angry with my and wants me to leave her alone. I havent had ARS symptoms--I slept with someone else who I am seeing now and she has not displayed ars symptoms...though ARS doesnt happen to everyone---I couldnt be sooo lucky that neither i or my GF now have not had a single symptom a month later. I am nervous--I slept with her 3 times and I am circumsized.
Cocaine is not an IV drug, they usually inhale it. So you have lesser chance that she has HIV. I would suggest to wear condom next time unless your're really sure she's not HIV positive. I would you also suggest an HIV test 3 months after your unprotected sex and I'm confident you will be negative. It will be better for you and your GF to know your status than not knowing it. I hope this helps stay safe...
Why are you confident Ill test neg? Not to sound like a jerk are you trained in HIV? I am asking just for comfort not because I doubt your answer---I will not be sleeping with her again---It was a month ago and I had sex with the girl I am seeing around the same time---I have not had ARS and the girl I am seeing has not either---though symptoms arent reliable because a flu can be a flu etc...out of the 3 of us I am sure one person would have gotten ill and not a single flu or even cold has happened amongst any of us in a month...I have done countless research on ARS---and symptoms dont mean anything because---doctors want to be on the side of caution---but the reality is that a body in most cases will respond to a viral infection---those that say they never had symptoms---maybe didnt have something significant---maybe they dont remember a bad flu===or mild flu---nonetheless we are 3 people---someone would have reported something and I have been in close contact watching the days and weeks go by
They only way to know your status is by testing. It's your sexual health. No reason to harrass her, you can find out for yourself and even if she was positive doesn't mean that you would be infected and for your info not all people have symptoms at all. I'm one of them. You could have prevent all of this by using a condom.  
even if she was positive doesn't mean that you would be infected---I thought once you sleep with someone who has HIV your infected----I read that, as a man, I would probably not be infected----being the insertive partner in an area of the body built for penetration---the vagina. The reason I am doing all this is because I want peace of mind until the 13th week. Some studies have found female to male transmission to be a rare occurance...unless there is a sore or something present----and that vaginal secretions arent that good at infecting.
You thought wrong. I know plenty of men they have been infected by women. I will say it is more difficult to transmit from female to male but can happen and does happen. It's not as much the vaginal secretions as the cervical secretions. So just test. You can test at 6 weeks and then collect your conclusive result at 3 months.
ok I was calm now I am scared to death again---everyone says significantlly lower chance---that men who get it from women get it because they have an sti---or had anal sex with those women---now you say you know plenty from just vaginal---I cant keep living like this for another 2 weeks or 13 weeks.-----all 3 of us have not had anything wrong---oh man oh man I am nervous again
oh man----Im just going to lose it man----I am crying already----I keep playing the person at the testing site telling me I am positive=====JESUS HELP ME ---
Save the drama and get tested at the appropriate time.
which test are reliable---I dont want a false positive---one has a high rate---but in chicago where i am they still use it....im talking rapid test
You need to relax man. Hurry up and get tested so you can move on with your negative. Dr. Handsfeld would probably tell you that you are more likely to get struck by lightning than get HIV from any one random unprotected vaginal exposure with a casual partner - it is VERY difficult to transmit and most people that aren't male homosexuals or INJECTION (not cocaine) drug abusers don't have it (and even the majority of them don't).

Get standard antibody blood test; it won't be wrong
p.s. if your that worried get a 6 week test... 90-95% accurate at that time and at your (very low)risk level most of the doctors will call that conclusive.
6 weeks since the first incident a month since the last counselor said no need to return but can if I want----she said she has seen most people at 4 weeks become poz---had a rapid test finger ***** done