HIV Prevention Community

HIV infection symptoms?

Last week I had unprotected sex with a woman. After 2 days, I had a mild fever which lasted 2 days. I know I have to test after 3 months, but could this fever be a sign of HIV infection?
No. If one has ars they occur 2-4 weeks post exposure and last 1-2 weeks
Thanks, that might be the general trend, but it can vary among people right?

How sure can I be that this fever was not a sign of HIV infection?
Symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything about your HIV status. As you already know your test at 3 months post exposure will be conclusive.
Your fever happened too soon to be hiv related. Forget about symptoms. They are non specific and some people who become infected do not even have symptoms. There are literally thousands of symptoms that are caused by garden varieties of viruses other than hiv. The only way to know your status is by having an hiv test. You can do so three months post exposure for a conclusive answer
Sir, thanks for your comment.

I know that symptoms are not a way to diagnosis HIV. But I know that unprotected sex does not always result in HIV infection and my mind was somewhat hopeful.

Now, after the fever, I'm beginning to think that the fever is a clear sign that I'm infected. 3 months is a lot of time and it would be nice if you could tell me more about the HIV symptoms and the fever I experienced. It would really ease my mind.
Instead of worrying about symptoms why not contact this woman and ask her to be tested WITH you. You dont even know she has hiv.
You came here back April concerned over HIV about a needle poke then you come here after having unprotected sex. You need to seek professional help.