HIV Prevention Community

HIV infection???

Hi, I had unprotected sex and gave oral sex with a high risk woman. The actual sex did not last long as I was very scared about being unprotected and I pulled out after about a minute. About 2.5 - 3 days after having sex I developed a sore throat,  then I started to freak out. I had a low fever, night sweats and swollen glands, and lack of appetite. These symptoms lasted about 1-2 days, then they went away. Then, about 3 weeks after the sex, I developed a cold (runny nose, sneezing, cough) - I was however, in a crowded nightclub, then in an airplane right before I developed the cold. It's been about 10 weeks now, and I'm about to go get tested. My question is, would it be possible to develop symptoms just 2-3 days after sex if the other person were infected with hiv? Also, I know the chances of contracting hiv through vaginal sex are 1 in 1000, but what are the chances if you have inactive herpes?
Hi there,

Your symptoms are not HIV ARS specific. And it's too early.  HIV is diagnosed through a blood test, not through signs and symptoms.

Get tested at 12 weeks after the exposure for a conclusive result.