Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

HIV latency

Ask expert: 9 year old children's AIDS incubation period is how many years?
5 Responses
Don't understand the question
Your question doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as a incubation period in either adults or children with HIV. There is a window period were test may not pick up the virus, this is up to 13 weeks. In terms of HIV leading to Aids, this is on average without treatment is 7 to 10 years.
Sorry, I did not make it clear, I'm asking is for children 9 years old if there is no treatment, a few years will develop into AIDS.
Is there anyone who can answer my question?
Whether a child or adult the figure of 7 to 10 year on average applies, but everyone is different, some are quicker than others. If you are worried that your child has HIV seek medial care, testing and appropriate treatment.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.