HIV Prevention Community

HIV latency

Ask expert: 9 year old children's AIDS incubation period is how many years?
Don't understand the question
Your question doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as a incubation period in either adults or children with HIV. There is a window period were test may not pick up the virus, this is up to 13 weeks. In terms of HIV leading to Aids, this is on average without treatment is 7 to 10 years.
Sorry, I did not make it clear, I'm asking is for children 9 years old if there is no treatment, a few years will develop into AIDS.
Is there anyone who can answer my question?
Whether a child or adult the figure of 7 to 10 year on average applies, but everyone is different, some are quicker than others. If you are worried that your child has HIV seek medial care, testing and appropriate treatment.