A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

HIV or Stress

Hi,

I had an protected vag. intercourse and kissing on 4th / 5th Jul 09 with CSW in Germany. Three weeks later, I developed Herpes Zoster on 25th Jul 09. I got the first HIV DUO test (AG + AB) on 27th Jul (3 weeks and 2 days post exposure) and it was negative. I had taken Acyclovir during the time of this test. Then on 5th Aug (4 weeks post exposure) i did Tri Dot Card Test (AB test) and it was negative. On 25th Aug (7 weeks post exposure) I again got HIV Duo test (AG+AB) and it was negative.

The Herpes Zoster lasted for 10 days and it went off. During the last 8 weeks I have been under severe stress that I cannot work/sleep/eat at all. I have not experianced any other symptoms such as Flu, Sore throat, Swollen glands etc. I last visited doc on 25th Aug and she confirmed that there were no swollen glands etc. till then.

Since last 2-3 days, I have a very mild cough (No runny nose, fever or sore throat). I am also having some pain in Armpits, Jaws, Neck (it comes and goes) and it is very less...

All tests were performed in Germany.

My questions are:

1. I know the condom was not broker. Can I get HIV if while removing condom, accidentally the outside of condom (part which touches vagina) could have touched my penis. I dont know if this has happened but this is a possibility though.
2. I am perfectly healthy and not on any immunosuppressive drugs etc. in that case is 6-7 week HIV DUO test conclusive.
7 Responses
1. No
2. No...no need to test no risk.
No matter what a 6-7 week test is never conclusive.
are you saying that 6/7 week test is not conclusive. So should I be tested again given I had protected sex
Can you actually read what I wrote?
could not understand what you wrote?

1. Is negative 7 week DUO test for exposure which i have explained above conclusive
2. Do you see any risk of HIV in my case
No matter what a 6-7 week test is never conclusive, but no need to test, you had no risk.

I know the condom was not broken. Can I get HIV if while removing condom, accidentally the outside of condom (part which touches vagina) could have touched my penis.

Pls answer this.
you had no risk, now enough
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.