HIV Prevention Community

HIV patient splash in eye

Hi I was on placement in opthalmic theatres. A known HIV patient was getting surgery, when another nurse rinsed her eye with saline a tiny drop of saline splashed off her eye and hit my lower inner eye lid. Should I get tested. This was 2 years ago
No.
The incident you describe is not a risk but clearly you are having anxiety issues seeing as you are still concerned about this after 2 years and i think you should get tested just to prove to yourself that you were not infected with hiv sometimes verbal reassurance isn't good enough we need to actually see proof. I hope you feel better and you can put this behind you. Best Wishes :)
no risk and testing is not warranted
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nothing to worry about. No scope for HIV transmission.
What if there was blood in the sprey would I be at risk. I realli don't think there was though
it was taken into consideration before assessment.
I hope i'm just bein paranoid i'm not even sure if I was splashed or if my eye was watering but still it plays on my mind