Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV question

Hello, around a year ago I had sexual intercourse with a high risk partner. However, I WAS wearing a condom at the time. Also, we only had sexual intercourse for about two minutes. But I was still worried, so I took an HIV test three months after that encounter, and the test results came back negative.  

So this brings to where I am today. I've recently had a severe rash break out all over my body. It is extremely itchy and feels like a sunburn. The doctors said it could be an allergic reaction to something, but they honestly didn't have a definitive answer. The rash is not in one area, the rash consistently moves around my body and heals when it leaves. Then the rash will break out on another area of my body. The doctors called it hives.

Anyway, my question is, could this be an HIV rash? Even though I tested negative at the three month mark? Also, would an HIV rash have the characteristics of the rash I have? Which is itchy, burning, and fleeting to different areas of my body. The rash has manifested itself mostly in my limbs thus far. But it has been on my back as well as chest and face. But would it be common for an HIV rash to manifest itself one full year after a potential exposure?
1 Responses
No. You had protected sex which is no risk and rashes with HIV don't come this late and don't itch.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.