Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

HIV rapid test negative after 62 days

I had sex with a CSW in Hong Kong in January: the episode was protected vaginal sex (I used a condom) and there was also some mutual masturbation prior to intercourse; I became extremely paranoid about the episode and begun experiencing skin tenderness, burning sensations and night sweats after 2 or 3 days past the potential exposure; I took a over the counter test at week 1 past the episode, a rapid test @ planned parenthood at week 3, another rapid test @ planned parenthood at week 5, and then another rapid test @ week 8.8 (62 days after exposure) - the reason I wanted to go for the tests was because I have had flu like symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, headache, stuffed up nose and head) and also some diarrhea. Should I be concerned about testing @ 3 months again (all of the previous results came back negative)

Thanks
1 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
you never had a risk and never needed testing
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.