Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV rash

I had exposure to HIV May of last year.  I went on PEP and 6 months later I tested negative

I performed oral sex on a friend who claims to be negative and I swallow his sperm.  I have tiny red fits around my eye but it seems the rash started months ago as a red line like a scratch.  The spot got red after a few months then the bumps appeared over the last week or so - they seem to be getting worse every week.  Does this sound like an STD or HIV Rash?  I have had a cold and sore throat but so does everyone at home and work?

I thought HIV was not spread through oral and I thought the PEP and 6 month test was conclusive??  I'm going to get tested again - test hiv rash take months to spread or appear?
5 Responses
12438609 tn?1451979018
Hi, HIV is not transmitted by oral sex even if the act includes swallowing of semen. Can I know what was your exposure earlier which required you to go on PEP?
I had unprotected receptive anal sex and my partner told me the next morning he had HIV.  He showed me his meds Sybadol ??  Maybe or something like it.  I got on PEP 14 hours after exposure
12438609 tn?1451979018
Ok. Currently, there is no risk with your oral activity.
Thank you - I'll check with a dermatologist about the rash under my eye then
12438609 tn?1451979018
You are welcome.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.