HIV risk after unprotected oral

Hi there all!

I'm extreamly worried about the possibility of catching the virus from this exposure.  I took a female sex worker 2 weeks and 4 days ago to whom I penetrated using a condom for about 2 minutes and gave unprotected cunnilingus for 3-4 more minutes. I remember fisting her with 3 seconds using 3 fingers which I used minutes later to gently remove the condom from my shaft and part of the foreskin.

-12 hours after exposure I developed a mild sore throat and metallic taste in my mouth.
-2 days later I went to the emergency Services and was given 1 or 2 g of ceftriaxone intravenously, a potent penicillin injection and 2 x 100g of doxycycline a day for 10 days.  Also a complete blood count and a rapid hiv test only.
-4-5 days after exposure upset stomach and reflux.
-Had a night sweat behind neck, and top of back.
-6 days after exposure I began to feel some pressure on my knees and mild pain in right knee.
-7 days after exposure diarrhea/very loose stools.
-Recurrent night sweats.
-10 days after exposure came back to see doctor to talk about my cracking joints and upset stomach and swets only to be told I was anxious and or side effects of doxycycline.

Now it's been 2 weeks and a half and although the sore throat is greatly improved I can still feel some tickles down there as well as a constant upset stomach and all joints cracking often. Night sweats also common but seem to improve when I don't think about it.

Am I at risk of Hiv.  If not what is causing my symptoms?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  God bless you all!
Hi, you had no risk for contracting HIV from your affair.
Thanks for your fast reply, I really appreciate it!  I forgot to mention I suffer perioral dermatitis although did not have a bad flare up during the incident.  Do you think that could be a risk factor bearing in mind I often have small rashes in the area around my lips? Did you hear of such a case before? Anyone?

Best wishes to all in the room
No risk. Symptoms would be unrelated to HIV, you should consult a doctor if they are bothersome. But, they would not be from HIV.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community