HIV Prevention Community

HIV risk or just anxiety?

Hello all,
Last November (2014) i had a one time unprotected sex with a girl whose status i do not know.

Exactly 2 weeks after i came down with a fever of 38.4C (101.1F), tiredness, lymph node inflammation in the jaw/neck and cough. These symptoms lasted about 4-5 days.

I didn't really think anything of this until my friends and I were discussing STDs.

I performed OraQuick tests at 8 and 9 months past exposure (both of which came out negative).
Do i need to do anything to follow up?
Can I trust OraQuick's test results?
Is this my anxiety playing tricks on me?

Thanks in advance!
Your oraquick test are conclusive. If you want additional peace of mind you may want to get a lab test. Expect it to be negative.
As you recommended i went ahead and got a blood test at the doctors office. It was an antigen/antibody test (not sure which generation)

It came back negative. Can i trust this result? Whats the chance of a mix up at the lab?

Sorry to post again but I have a purely theoretical question.

IF a person is experiencing delayed seroconversion, and he/she takes a 4th generation test will the test show positive for the antigen part?
Or would it show negative for both antibody and antigen?

You don't have HIV