HIV Prevention Community

HIV symptoms

I had sex approx 3 years ago and the condom broke. The girl who I had sex with was actually on her period which i found out when the bed had blood on it.

In the last week I have developed oral thrush and on the web I have read conflicting opinions.
Most people are saying it is due to HIV. Some people are saying Thrush only occurs after you have had HIV for a number of years or when you have AIDS. My understanding is you  get symptoms 3-4 weeks after contracting HIV but then nothing occurs for 7-10 years.
It has only been 3 years since the condom broke and I have always used a condom since then.
Please can somone set the record straight as much as possible.
I am extremely worried and am planning to get tested.
Can't use symptoms to diagnosis HIV. Thrush can happen for a 100 different reasons...get tested to know your status.