Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV symptoms

I had a possible HIV exposure on February 19th. Had flu-like symptoms about 4 weeks after. I was tested on March 29th and I tested negative. According to users on this sight, this is a good sign. But still having headaches, diarrhea and loss of appetite. I have noticed that my breasts have enlarged in the past couple of weeks or so. I have heard that this is a sign in women who may be HIV positive. Thoughts on what the heck is going on?
3 Responses
1163575 tn?1339482217
what was your exposure?
Sex with a stranger, I believe I heard a condom being put on but I can't be sure, I was drunk. Sex for less than a minute but I know the amount of time doesn't matter. What do you think is going on? I never had any fever, sore throat or rash but I do have headaches that are lessening, a little nausea still, diarrhea, a little lymph node swelling.
Symptoms are not the way to know if someone is HIV positive or not. A 4 week negative test is encouraging with 80%. Get tested at 6 and 12 weeks to put your anxiety at rest and move on with your life. Good Luck and all the best.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.