Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

HIV symptoms

I recently had unprotected oral sex. In less than a week I developed viral-type symptoms (fatigue, headache, sweating, chills, etc.) Is it possible to develop hiv symptoms in less than a week after exposure?
4 Responses
its not possible to catch hiv in this way, so the symptoms you are experiencing are not hiv related
Sandra,
Thank you so much for you reply. Does it matter if the girl that I received oral sex from had an open sore/cut inside her mouth? Or if the girl had someone else's semen still in her mouth? Thanks.
I don't know if she had either an open sore, or semen, but I was just curious. Thank you.
Absolutely not, the enzymes in our saliva kill viruses so there is no way that HIV could be transmitted in this way actually the virus is incredibly delicate and transmits through unprotected anal/vaginal sex and the sharing of needles. You didnt engage in this so you have nothing to worry about the symptoms you are experiencing is simply due to anxiety and this anxiety is not necessary, move on! all the best with you!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.