Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV symptoms

How long does it take on average for a person who has hiv to start developing symptoms. The last time i had unprotected sex with someone of unknown status was about 6 years ago. Would I have started developing symptoms within this timeframe without treatment.
3 Responses
503980 tn?1210384653
Symptoms usually come 2-10 weeks after an exposure. Can you remember 6 years back if you had any rashes or severe flu symptoms?
no I haven't. So would it be 10 years before anything developed?
If someone is going to have ARS the symptoms come at 2-4 weeks post exposure. Some people like myself had no symptoms at all. So symptoms means nothing when it comes to HIV and HIV has no specific symptoms.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.