HIV Prevention Community

HIV symptoms?

Dear Sir,

I am a 26 year old man. I had protected sex (With condom) with sex workers in South Germany abt 5-6 times. After a month of the last act, i am facing symptoms such as persistent cough, sore throat and swollen lymph glands in my arm pits. These symptoms have reduced now, due to antibiotic treatment. However, I am severely traumatized and fear that I might have HIV. Please advice.

I have not yet taken a HIV test. Please suggest me what to do next. I am extremely disturbed and worried. Please help.

Regards
COMMUNITY LEADER
You had protected sex and your protection did not fail, so your risk for HIV is non existent. You don;t need any test, just seek medical help for your compmaints, not HIV related
Than a lot for the reply. But the symptoms are very typical of an HIV infection, thats the reason for my anxiety.
There is no such thing as "typical of an HIV infection" as hundreds of other viruses cause the same symptoms.
your symptoms are very typical of the common cold.
Hi help,

Trust me when I say your mind can play pretty strong games. I was positive that I was infected with HIV after reading about the symtoms. It seemed as if I had 90% of them, even though I was at very low risk>