HIV Prevention Community

HIV test - 4 weeks

Sir

I got tested 4 weeks after having unprotected sex in Brazil. That was about 2 months ago. My results were negative on HIV1/HIV 2, Hep A and C. I was over stressed about the situation and decided to go. The test suggested to go back in 30 days from results for another test. I know the recommended time for testing is beyound that 3 months window. In 2 weeks i will have another test to prove myself that i have nothing, marking that 3 months milestone regarding my unprotected sex experience.

I want to know: what should i expect from this test in terms of results? I.e. what is the confidence level of a 4 week test in terms of probability of correctness? No need to state i am still stressed ...

Thanks and good work for this forum

Hi there,

We are unable to predict the result.  However, your 4 weeks negative result is very encouraging.  So do expect good news.... : o )