Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HIV test conclusive ?

Hello dear forum members. First of all thank you for supporting me so far.
Brief history:
Unprotected sex on April 9. Tested ELISA at 65 days 0.03 negative. VDRL and ELISA at 78 days. VDRL non reactive and ELISA 0.02 negative.
But I was taking Norflox and Pyridine during VDRL test so some websites told that it can mask the test.
At 99 days took VDRL, ELISA I & II and HIV Combo test.
I stopped taking Norflox and Pyridine 8 days before test.
Results are VDRL non reactive,
ELISA I & II 0.22 Negative and HIV Combo 0.33 negative.
My questions are,
1)Is the VDRL test conclusive that I don't have syphilis
2) My HIV test index values are changing and increasing with each test . Does that matter and alarming.?
3) Can I be sure that I'm free from HIV and move on? Is a 6 months test required again?

Thank you members. Kindly help me.
1 Responses
3. Tested ELISA at 65 days and you only needed to wait 4 weeks for this HIV test so you are conclusively negative. 3 month testing is very outdated guideline so 6 is super outdated.
2. Since you are conclusively negative there is no purpose wondering why the test values are changing.

You have to go to the std forum for std answers.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.