HIV testing-MIKE I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

I had an unfortunate exposure with a transexual in chicago begining october (i am a heterosexual male-got curious), there was no ejaculation because I ended up leaving . On the 27th day I had a rapid antibody test (blood)-waited 20 min and it was negative. On the 37th day I had a DNA PCR test with an ELISA antibody and that was negative. I did an Oraquick test that was negative at the 62nd day. I just did my 10 week test yesterday (blood) and that was the rapid antibody and that was negative as well. I also drew blood for an ELISA yesterday just to be sure. Now I guess how conclusive am i? is this rapid test reliable? should I be worried about a false negative? Would I need to worry that the ELISA could possibly bring back a different result? I know there are debates over the DNA PCR test on this forum being a viral load test, which from my understanding its not. It looks for the actual virus itself--from my understanding from the CDC and from the 15-20 different testing centers ive spoken to. either way, in your professional opinion, what are the odds of me sero conv?..and/or ELISA coming back with a different result?
thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
She/he said that she is clean and doesnt have anything over and over ..there was no condom used. I dunno what to do.
Helpful - 0
You are 99% in the clear at this time.  2 more weeks and you'll be 100% clear.  the chances of your results changing with the amount of testing you have gone through up to 10 weeks is slim to none!
Helpful - 0
Im just worried about this stupid 6 months rule that ppl keep bringing up. Im emotionally drained. Doctor Hook told me i need no further testing. I dont want to wait another month and find out results other than negative. Im contemplating a 3 months test, which is like 11 days away. I dunno, I just am trying to really disregard this 6 month period.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community