Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HIV testing-MIKE I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

I had an unfortunate exposure with a transexual in chicago begining october (i am a heterosexual male-got curious), there was no ejaculation because I ended up leaving . On the 27th day I had a rapid antibody test (blood)-waited 20 min and it was negative. On the 37th day I had a DNA PCR test with an ELISA antibody and that was negative. I did an Oraquick test that was negative at the 62nd day. I just did my 10 week test yesterday (blood) and that was the rapid antibody and that was negative as well. I also drew blood for an ELISA yesterday just to be sure. Now I guess how conclusive am i? is this rapid test reliable? should I be worried about a false negative? Would I need to worry that the ELISA could possibly bring back a different result? I know there are debates over the DNA PCR test on this forum being a viral load test, which from my understanding its not. It looks for the actual virus itself--from my understanding from the CDC and from the 15-20 different testing centers ive spoken to. either way, in your professional opinion, what are the odds of me sero conv?..and/or ELISA coming back with a different result?
thanks.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
She/he said that she is clean and doesnt have anything over and over ..there was no condom used. I dunno what to do.
Helpful - 0
You are 99% in the clear at this time.  2 more weeks and you'll be 100% clear.  the chances of your results changing with the amount of testing you have gone through up to 10 weeks is slim to none!
Helpful - 0
Im just worried about this stupid 6 months rule that ppl keep bringing up. Im emotionally drained. Doctor Hook told me i need no further testing. I dont want to wait another month and find out results other than negative. Im contemplating a 3 months test, which is like 11 days away. I dunno, I just am trying to really disregard this 6 month period.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.