HIV Prevention Community

HIV testing

I hope someone could answer my question regarding my situation.

I had an exposure (unprotected Oral receiver and protected sex with massager) 5 month ago. Last week, my wife went for pregnancy(expecting 3 month) check up and followed by a HIV test. Thank god! HIV negative.

May i know do i need to test for hiv because my last exposure 5 month ago?

Thanks in advance.
No, if the protection you used did not fail, you are OK.  

However, you can not judge your status based on your partner's test results.  Remember HIV is difficult to pass along.  Some couples in which one person is negative and the other is positive go for long periods of time without the negative person getting infected.  

Your risk while performing protected sex is near zero and the same goes for oral (protected or not).  I don't see a need to stress over this incident.  If you want to know your status you must test yourself and not depend on your wife's results.  You used protection...good job!!