HIV Prevention Community

HIV testing

Hi, I am 22 years old girl.i did sex once in my whole life three years ago. He didn't ejaculate inside my vagina. I never did blood transfusion.last month I went for my routine check up for my visa purpose. My colloid selenium test indicates hiv antibodies. Then my dr did a western blot, wb only shows p24 reactive , not any other band. As far as I know western blot indicates acute infection. I don't have any recent exposure. My last sex was 3 years ago. Is it still a window period? What you think about it?
According to Freedom Health, P24 Antigen is highest in the Primary HIV stage when first infected, but it will stay at low levels throughout the course of the illness. So it maybe detectable throughout, but is decreased significantly. I am not aware of Colloid Selenium test. What generation was the test? If it was 4th Generation, then that tests for both antigen and antibody, while 3rd Gen tests only for antibody. You are way past the window period and would have detectable antibodies. I would suggest to test again with a 4th or 3rd Gen.
3rd generation rapid test. But my western blot is showing only p24 reactive band, not any other band. I already sent blood for repeated western blot and result will announced on Friday
And colloid selenium is for the detection of antibodies. It's positive. But if I am hiv positive, why my western blot is just only reactive to p24 only.
I already have indeterminate western blot result , which is forth generation test , just showing p24 reactive band
Your situation is far too complex to be handled by this or any other online peer-to-peer forum.  

A western blot is not a fourth-generation test.  It is not used as a diagnostic test, but as a confirmatory test following a positive antibody test.  Keep working with your doctors to determine what is going on.  You could have had a false positive test - it happens sometimes.
Rapid test was positive, then they did western blot , it shows p24 reactive band. But the problem what I am thinking about is how is it possible, I only have sex once in my life and that was just for 2-3 minutes, and he didn't cum inside me
At that day when I went for my first time tests, I was having flu and also using medicine for it. Does it disturb the rapid test result?
Hi my 2nd western blot after one month is also the same , indeterminate with p24.
So what's the suggestion now.
Again, this situation is way too complicated for this, or any, online forum.  I suspect your doctors will continue to do antibody and Western blot tests until they discover a definitive positive or negative.  They may also check to see if you have a detectable HIV viral load.

Your flu medicine would not interfere with the test.  Also, it is possible to contract HIV by having unprotected sex even one time, for a short period of time.  It isn't likely, but it does happen.

I am very sorry you are going through this.  I'm sure it's stressful.
Hi I did blood donation and they told me my blood donation is successful. I know it's not good but that was the only option I had. And my partner also did all test , and he is hiv negative whom within did sex three years ago. What you think now?
My doctor considered me negative after 2nd wb indeterminate results. He said there is no change within one month and you don't have any risk factor