HIV Prevention Community

HIV through oral sex

Hi all, I'm a male, 22 years old.

Recently, had perform 2way oral sex with a stranger of unknown HIV status.

I proceed to perform oral sex on her even when I had tongue ulcer during that time. May I know the risk of contracting HIV if given she is positive?

Thanks.
There is no risk of HIV from oral because HIV is instantly inactivated in air and also in saliva. Your ulcer would have to be a huge gaping wound so painful that you wouldn't consider letting anything touch it, for you to even have a theoretical risk of HIV, so that didn't and can't happen.
There is an std forum you can check for std risk.
You had NO RISK for HIV from the oral sex, even with some minor mouth issues present at the time. BOTH you and your partner would have to have open, actively bleeding wounds at the time for there to me a marginal exposure. Human saliva contains bacteria and enzymes that render the virus virtually inactive (Unable to infect) as well as the fact there is abundant air in the mouth to also render the virus inactive.

Oral sex, on the other hand, is a definite risk for STD's such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and others and it's important you be checked for those. I would strongly urge you to talk with the folks at our STD Forum for correct incubation times for each STD.

The link to our STD Forum is: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs---STIs/show/98

It is recommended that anyone who engages in oral sex be checked every 3 months for possible STD infections as many can be asymptomatic for years.

Wishing you the best
RubyWitch