HIV Prevention Community

HIV transmission through ENT procedure

I had a severe throat inflammation and went to an ENT doctor. Before me, there was a HIV patient and the doctor is using a spoon like equipment to check his throat. The HIV patient has sore throat and throat ulcers. Immediately without sterilizing the equipment, the doctor used the same spoon like equipment to check my throat. I am worried, whether I will get HIV infection. Please help. The spoon like equipment might have contacted the sore throat and throat ulcers of the HIV patient and it could have contacted me too. Please help with your suggestions.
How would you know the patient before you is HIV+?

So this Dr put something in your mouth to hold your tongue down? It is not a HIV risk.
Thanks for your reply. The staff nurse told me that the patient before me is a HIV+ patient having sores and ulcers in his mouth. Since the Dr used the spoon like equipment to supress the tongue of the HIV+ patient, the spoon like equipment might have touched his sores and ulcers. Since the spoon like equipment is used on my throat, I doubt whether my inflammed throat will transmit the virus to me. Will inflammed throat can receive the virus. Please help me. I am sleepless after this.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.