A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV transmission

Dear Doctors,

I am a male that just ended a relationship with a female who used to work as a stripper. I know for a fact that she has had various sexual partners in the past and has not used condoms consistently.

For the past few days, we had been engaging in protected vaginal sexual intercourse and un-protected oral sex (me as the insertive partner). Assuming that my partner is HIV positive, my concerns are the following:

i) If my penis (without a condom) comes into contact with her vaginal fluid before intercourse, would I be at risk of getting HIV?

ii) I have an allergy on one of my legs and when I scratch it, the area sometimes bleed. I had it checked by a dermatologist and he said it was "hair foliculitis". Would there be a risk of HIV transmission when she rubs her vagina on my leg?

iii) With regards to the unprotected oral sex, I have read that the chances of transmission from the receptive (HIV positive partner) to the insertive partner (per act) were in the range of one in 2,000 or so. Is this true?

iv) I would also like to say that my partner has a fully shaven vaginal area and when the hairs are growing back, they are "prickly" and sometimes scratch my skin (including that of the penis), while the vagina is wet. Could HIV be transmitted in this manner?

v) Could HIV be transmitted when infected vaginal fluid comes into contact with an open wound or the eyes?

vi) Based on the above information, should I get tested for HIV?

Regards,

1 Responses
sorry but thier is no doctor on this forum. you have to pay $15 and post in the other forum to get a doctors opnion.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.