HIV trough vaginal fluid contact in eye

I previosuly posted a question. I visited a strip club in South Africa. The dancers would play with they vaginas and then rub their breasts. They will then rub their breasts in our faces. What is my hiv risk. I had an answer of no risk to this question but without an explanation. Surely there must be some risk as it is vaginal fluid to a mucus membrane?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hiv is transmitted through...
unprotected vaginal / anal intercourse
sharing iv drug works
mother to child

transmission takes place INSIDE the body...as in penis in vagina / anus.  when hiv is exposed to air...it becomes inactive and rendered incapable of infecting.

you had NO risk...testing is not warranted.
Helpful - 0
firstly it annoys me to the hills that South Africa seems to be a country that must have some sort of special HIV strain that is more conagious or deadly than others .... granted we have the highesr HIV prevelance in the world but it is no different , you are not at risk as the virus dies within seconds of air exposure and actual unprotected penetration is needed to even consider exposure ...
Helpful - 0
I actually live in South Africa. How is this scenario different from blood splash in the eye which is defenitely a risk
Helpful - 0
You don't work in surgery so a blood splash outside the healthcare field wouldn't be a risk, nor semen in the eye.
Helpful - 0
they rubbed their vagina then their breasts then rub their breasts in your face which probably took several minutes and not seconds... the virus would have died by the time it came into contact with the breast ...
Helpful - 0
not splashing but rubbing into eye
Helpful - 0
move on
Helpful - 0
HIV is not alive it is either active or inactive and it's not transmitted outside its host.
Helpful - 0
thx Teak for the insight , so I should Be sayimg that it is rendered inactive once exposed to air ?
Helpful - 0
Please may I ask why is blood splashed into the eye in a health care setting different from for eg a shot of semen straight out of a penis in the eye or vaginal fluid rubbed immediatly after leaving the vagina into an aye
Helpful - 0
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

Helpful - 0
Arterial bood. It comes out in force.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community