HIV Prevention Community

HIV with hookers

I had sex with a hooker about a month ago. I'm 24 adn clearly very stupid. The condom broke and i came outside. I know I have made a grave mistake and I am probably on my way to dying anyway. My throat is sore. I went for HIV tests and they came out negative after 5 weeks. I'm so so so scared that I'm even developig the primary HIV ssymptoms. I have a sore throat for about 2 weeks now. The doctor says that conclusive results will only be available after 6 weeks of possible exposure. I'm so not proud of myself and I feel terrible. I might be HIV+, that I'm prepared to live with. Reaching 30 is a luxury in my community anyway especially if you are male. The funny thing is that girls like me but i somehow still found a way to sleep with a hooker. I think I'm very stpid and deserve to not reproduce. How will I raise a child if I think like I am right now? If I did contract AIDS, it's purely due to my actions and being accountable is all that I can do. I have to live with this. Is having a sore throat 4 weeks after possible exposure a clear sighn that I'm infected. Should I go fo counselling and ART yet. I'll test agin next week at 6 weeks. Oh, it happend in South Africa! The highest risk ever...
At five weeks,  90-95% of infected people will test positive. Your result is encouraging but not definitive. And a test at 6 weeks will be a very good indication of your status.

However, for a conclusive test result, this forum recommends a test 3 months after exposure.
Thank you Joggen. But my throat is still sore. I've read so much about HIV ever since my incidenct. My mind is just full of HIV! It's all I think about the whole day. I still work fine but I think that I need some kind of help. Sleeping with prostitutes is so so risky. Something I should have thought about and informed myself about long long back.

I took antibiotics for my throat. It looks like it's a viral infection. HIV! My gosh...
You can't go by symptoms to tell your status and sore throat is not an HIV symptom anyway.
"At five weeks,90-95% of infected people will test positive" is that true? than why do they say 3 months is 97% ...just curious :)
That is outdated information. At 3 months it is virtually 100%.
so at 5 weeks 90-95% right? thats cool i didn't know that