HIV Prevention Community

HIV

I have had one unprotected sex with a partner only hours before she got a phone call from a doctor that she is HIV positive. After the sex which was very brief I quickly washed myself and passed urine to cleanse myself of her body fluid. Would this have helped reduced the risk of contracting the disease?
you can only know by testing..
test at 6-8 weeks for a fair indication of your status..
a test at 3 mths will be conclusive..
always practice safe sex in the future
Thanks for your comments. I have learned a hash lesson. Would never do this again because I have sleepless nights of how a moment of madness may have destroyed my life. I have been careful throughout. As you can imagine, I ran straight to the doctor who is doing the first test to get a baseline but as you said it would be 3 months before i know my fate. For now I am just running through the various theories as to chances of escape after just 2 days of this event.
you might not get hiv by a single exposure,at the same time the chances are also there
what i am saying is its not 100% u might have got it
just hope you'll be a lucky person..
have faith
a negative test at 6-8 weeks will ease the anxiety that you are goin through
but test again at 3 mths for a conclusive result..
to make you feel better, acquiring HIV from a woman to a man is less than 0.1% which is less than the chance of a woman acquiring it from a man...

it is not 0% chance, and you need to get tested.....hope that you are negative on your result, goodluck and God bless....
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain a conclusive negative test result.
Why dont you guys tell people to seek pep... when i first looked up hiv stuff because of my scare i didnt learn about pep until a few days later... and by then it was too late