HIV Prevention Community
I posted this last week in the hereps community but I'm still worried to death and have more symptoms over the past week, causing me to think even worse outcome. I masterbated for another guy approx 6 weeks ago, he was masterbating as well. At one point he touched the head of my penis with the same hand he was using, I also came in his mouth but don't believe my penis touched hid lips or tongue, but may have. My fear is he had precum on his fingers and wiped it on my urethra when he touched me or his tongue touched the same.
The symptoms I have are fever 99-100 over the past week, sore neck/stiff/fullness, sore throat, sore groin and armpits (can only feel nodes in groin), tingling/pain in limbs, upper back/shoulder pain etc. and just feeling like crap. I spoke with a Dr about my throat and he was certainly concerned there was some type of infection, but I didn't mention my encounter.
These symptoms have me terrified! I know I can't get an accurate test until week 12, but what are your thoughts that I may have been exposed to HIV? I have no idea of his status. Sorry for posting again, but a different set of symptoms and fears. Thanks so much for your time.
HIV is not transmitted by masturbation.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
Teak,
Can't thank you enough for your quick response.
I understand, but if he had precum and wiped it on the tip of my penis, does that matter?
None of this explains the symptoms I'm currently having and I'm absolutely terrified! Can you make any sense of this with your experience?
It's not anything related to HIV, you've never had an exposure.
Still going crazy. Any thoughts on anxiety? Also, what test should I take if I needed one now, 6 weeks post encounter?
You don't need testing because you never had a risk.  You need to address your anxiety, not HIV.
Can axiety cause all these symtoms?
Yes and if you are concerned about your symptoms see your doctor if  they have nothing to do with HIV.
Just did a home test at the 6 week mark. Negative, but how accurate would this be and what is another test I can take? I still have swollen nodes, white tongue, feel like crap etc.
Thanks again, scared like hell!
You never had an exposure.
Then what could possibly explain these symptoms? Fever, malaise, sore throat, thrush, swollen nodes, eye problems. the list goes on.
Many other sites say it spreads orally. He may have licked to head of my penis, unfortunately I'm not positive, but I'm sure he tried anyway.  Am I the one of 10,000 that got it this way? I've never felt this bad before and It has me beside myself right now, scared to death of passing it to my family.
What is a better test that's more difinitive at this point?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
Thanks Teak. I'm glad I finally made it to this point, meaning all here are absolutely convinced I never had an exposure and am not at risk.