Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV

I SEXED WITH THE PROSTITUTE 3YRS AGO THAT WAS MA FIRST TIME AND I'D PUT ON CONDOM OPPOSITELY AND COVERED MA HALF PENIS AND I'D NO CUT N OPEN SORES THERE AND THE SEX LAST FOR 5 MIN MERELY ALSO I'D HAD HIV TEST WITHIN 4O-45 DAYS FROM LAST SEX AND IT WAS -VE DO I HAVE ANY RISK OF GETTING HIV +VE NOW AS I GOT SOME SYMPTOMS LIKE HEADEACHE,TIREDNESS, AS I M FAT. I M VERY WORRIED PLZ SOMEBODY REPLY ME AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE
6 Responses
No you did not have a risk from protected sex
YOU CALL THAT PROTECTED SEX....I M WORRIED THAT I DIDN'T USE CONDOM PROPERLY ...SO I M IN DILEMAA MA HEADACHE IS GOING THROUGH 3DAYS AND ITS RECURRING AND TIREDNESS ALSO..WHAT DO U THINK SIR..CAN I GET SOME SUGGESTIONS.
480448 tn?1426948538
First, please turn off the CAPS.  That's very hard to read for some of us, and it gives the impression of shouting.

You never had a risk.  As long as the condom covered the HEAD of your penis throughout the entire duration of the intercourse, you're fine.  The entry point for HIV is the male urethra in this context, therefore, if it remains covered, it worked.

Using a condom inside out will decrease the effectiveness of protection for other STDs and sometimes pregnancy (due to where the spermicial is placed), but not HIV.  If you used a new condom out of the wrapper, most likely you had it on right anyway.  They can only be rolled down onto the penis one way.

You are fine...no risk, no need for testing.
oh thank u miss 4 ur answer to ma question ....is that test reliable after 40-45 days from last sex...i don't know which test was that but i did it on a hospital lab...3 yrs ago...and it was negative....but now i m having a damm migrane type headache since last week i m thinking of that only and i m having a high amt of tiredness n joints pain n sore throat ....i would be pleased if u would answer ma question too....plz this anxiety is killing me plz help me.
You don't have an HIV concern, please move on.
thank u for ur wonderful suggestions i'd appreciate ur kind regards thanks alot.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.