HIV Prevention Community

HIV

My wife started having unprotected sex (for ~1-5 minutes) with a man who may be HIV positive, they did stop and put on protection at this point and continued until finished.  What are the chances (assuming he's HIV Positive) that she contracted this from him?
You don't guess at HIV, you test. She can test 3 months post exposure to obtain a conclusive test result.  Please do not start multiple threads. Keep all your posts on one thread.
Teak,

Apologies, I'm new to this site entirely and am not 100% familiar with the methods of which to go about things.  I'm not asking this question for her, I'm asking for me and the infant child that she is nursing.  It may be nothing more than a question for my piece of mind, I understand testing is the only 100% way to know, and we intend on doing that when she is able, until then I would just like to know if it is even practical to get it from the given circumstances.
Any unprotected (anal/vaginal) warrents testing irrespective of the time limits of penetration.
Though there was penetration for a brief amount of time, testing is necessary.
There has been no scientific research done on the time taken to get infected as to the time of penetration.
How do you think HIV is transmitted if you question is it even practical?