Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV

I had an Ocular exposure to vaginal fluid at a local Strip Club approx 6 weeks ago ! I know I read on here ZERO risk but I'm going for my final test next week and am certain it will be positive! I have swollen nodes, groin, elbows, knees ! As well I am  losing weight, and some fever !

I just want to let everyone know you can catch hiv like this bc I have

Regards
12 Responses
Come back with your negative test result.
Thanks
I will come back but it's not going to be negative! I have been asking the girl to confirm her status but she won't And gets mad. ! I can't believe I'm the guy that is this unlucky!!
Yeah you are the guy that in 40+ years of HIV makes history...no you are not.
Thanks for you comment Vance!

Teak/Lizzie can you comment?
Sorry everyone just unable to function, can some of the experts I mentioned comment?

Thank You
You never had an exposure and you didn't testing.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thx Teak for your response! vaginal secretions are considered infectious and if it goes from her to me in relatively short time I don't understand
! And my symptoms are all lining up!
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
I think those are am the main ways but certainly have to be others?
There isn't, so get over it. HIV is not a concern.
Would glands close to site of entry be the first to swell upon potential infection? Assuming ocular exposure your nodes would swell in upper body first ?  

Thanks
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.