Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members
I'm worried that i might have been given hiv. I'm 17 years old and had un-protected sex about 3-4 weeks ago. Although the man didn't ***, i know that there is still a chance because of pre-***. I've started to get symptoms like a blocked nose, tiredness, strange spots on my arm which looked like warts but have turned out to be pusy spots and i have also been getting shooting pains in my stomach. Do you think i could have hiv. I read that i need to wait 3 months before i get tested. I don't know what to do.
1 Responses
524832 tn?1229684586
First things first, you've had a risk. However, these risk are generally low for first time encounters. The average risk for a male to female exposure is 1 in 1000. The fact that the man didn't ejaculate further reduces that risk. Also, assuming this guy was about your age, heterosexual, and not an IV drug user, the chances that he had HIV are pretty low

Disregard you symptoms though. I know it's easy to jump to conclusions about symptoms etc - trust me, I've been there - but the fact of the matter is there's a million other things that could cause these symptoms.

Still, a risk is a risk, so test at 6-8 weeks and then at 12 weeks to confirm.
Try not to worry too much until then. The numbers are way in your favor.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.