HIV Prevention Community
I'm worried that i might have been given hiv. I'm 17 years old and had un-protected sex about 3-4 weeks ago. Although the man didn't ***, i know that there is still a chance because of pre-***. I've started to get symptoms like a blocked nose, tiredness, strange spots on my arm which looked like warts but have turned out to be pusy spots and i have also been getting shooting pains in my stomach. Do you think i could have hiv. I read that i need to wait 3 months before i get tested. I don't know what to do.
First things first, you've had a risk. However, these risk are generally low for first time encounters. The average risk for a male to female exposure is 1 in 1000. The fact that the man didn't ejaculate further reduces that risk. Also, assuming this guy was about your age, heterosexual, and not an IV drug user, the chances that he had HIV are pretty low

Disregard you symptoms though. I know it's easy to jump to conclusions about symptoms etc - trust me, I've been there - but the fact of the matter is there's a million other things that could cause these symptoms.

Still, a risk is a risk, so test at 6-8 weeks and then at 12 weeks to confirm.
Try not to worry too much until then. The numbers are way in your favor.