Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

High risk, unprotected sex with CSW.

hello medhelp, sorry for my bad english. i had high risk of unprotected vaginal with csw. At exactly 38 days i did 4th Generation ELISA ( lab ) and the result came back NON REACTIVE. my question is, do i need to test further or the test i did is conclusive ?
1 Responses
4th Generation ELISA is concluded as 100% accurate after 42 days post exposure. 38 days 4th generation is 98% but again, those 2% is for those who are hep c antiviral medication, radiation or cheo therapy, serious immune issues.

note it: 3rd generation window period - 12 week; 4th generation or combo window period - 4 weeks; NAT windows period - 28 days.

Statistically you are negative but, just test at 43rd day for your deep breath and relax. if i was in your situation, i will continue with my life very normal at this point.
1 Comments
sorry, 4th generation windows period is 6 weeks.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.