A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Hiv

Hi,
    I am 25 years male on 7 aug i had unprotected sex(one time) with girl with unknown status
(biggest mistake of my life). After 5 weeks i had mild fiver which only came at night
. I was feeling chill. Three days after i went to doctor he told me take i have viral infection. After words i felt weakness. Fever where gone in 5 days But i found rash (maculopapular) on my trunk back side . Then i conducted Tridot rapid test and western plot test (after 6week 4 days) which came negative. same time i had sore in throat on 7 week i had joint pain and week ness and itching all over my face. Weakness  is continued up to 9 weeks. On 9 and half week i had conducted tridot rapid test. Which again came negative.
I have all symptoms of hiv. Now i am under tension that my 9 weeks test will come positive after 3 month . Still 2 weeks to go. Please help me whether 9 and half week test is conclusive.
23 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
it is HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY unlikely that your result will change.

relax...just get that 3 month test done and USE CONDOMS in the future ! !
Sounds like mono not HIV ! Trust me I had mono before!
Thank you both for reply.
It is very helpful for person at this situation.
I dont have mono because i had blood test in which my lymphocyte count is normal.
I just want to ask how many percentage people test positive after 9 week negative test.
After how many days  after showing symptoms normal people create antibiotics.

Lizzie can you please tell me
can any one tell me answer
To obtain a conclusive negative test result you will need to test 3 months post exposure.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.