HIV Prevention Community

Hiv Concern Anyone Have Real Answers Not Sugar Coated Ones?

I first want to take the time to thank anyone who has taken time out of there busy lives to read my story and possibly provide me with an answer.  I very much appreciate you thank you!

Exposure: male to female unprotected sex exposure

I had unprotected sex 2 days in a row stupid I know under the influence how dumb am I!  Tested for hiv immediately 1 week after exposure and then again for all sti and stds syphilis , clymadia , gonnerha ,  hepatitis abc 2 weeks out all came back negative.  It was to early for hiv and hep c testing so at the 5 and a half week mark I got ordered the p24 hiv 1 & 2 ag ab combo test by Abbott which came back none reactive.  I also had an ebv test which was slightly raised but nothing that was alarming.  Doctor told me your probably just having the virus pass by you and that was that.  I also had an ultra sound which had no problems as well with regular blood work that first showed a decrease in white blood cells but then a regular one after 4 weeks.  The whole time I also tested my partner at 5 weeks 9 weeks and 12 weeks going by my window period with rapid hiv tests all came back negative also other stis and stds for anything abnormal all negative on the last test.   I went for my hiv testing at 3 months negative and then 4 months again for all stds and stis all negative and then at 5 months hiv rapid test negative.  My 6 month mark is due in a couple days so I hope the end result is negative.  

My symptoms throughout that has me worried first developed dry skin on scrotal region that flaked all off and was shinny red this was 2 weeks after exposure with horrible fatigue accompanied by drenched night sweats.  Developed scrotal pain and had swollen lymphnodes in neck which made smoking and drinking intollerable.  Scrotal pain subsided and went to pelvic pain after a month malaise had rash on neck face shoulder and chest at 1 month mark.  Developed an overgrowth of candida on my tongue and when I smoked a cigarette developed skin sores on arm.  All symptoms have subsided except oral candida growth in mouth and pelvic pain with fatigue at 6 months mark.  I'm so scared one infection specialist said it can take up to 1 year to develope antibodies.  Others are telling me 3 months 6 months what to believe anymore?  Not the most healthiest person don't eat so healthy nore do I excersize.  I smoke cigarettes and drink when the night is right.

My questions

1. What is the official window period to be conclusive about hiv and other stds and stis?

2. How good is the p24 hiv 1/2 ag ab combo at 38 days?

3. Does anyone know what these symptoms might also be associated with?

4. What are the chances my antibodies are being delayed by other coinfection that I am not currently aware about?

5. Has anyone experienced a nasty pelvic pain that comes and goes?
1 - 90 days post exposure. The official recommendation via the CDC is 3 months
2 - any negative test is a good thing
3 - no. symptoms or lack of symptoms cannot tell you anything about your HIV status
4. co-infections will not delay the development of antibodies
5. not personally

Your negative test at 5 months post exposure means that you did not get HIV
1. What is the official window period to be conclusive about hiv

3 months. 12 weeks. 84 days. Take your pick.

Very good but not conclusive.

This is an HIV specific forum and you do not have HIV.

None.

Most people have at one time or another
The infectious specialist working at world renoun clinic told me other wise different.  She has told me antibodies can take up as long as 1 year on regular antibody tests.  She advised me a 4th generation pcr at 4 months is conclusive.
She is wrong!
Your world specialist is totally incorrect.

http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
#4
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results

UK Fourth Generation  Testing
http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Testing/GlinesHIVTest08.pdf
Post testing
Page 11
The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.
I will test one more time at 6 months and once at a year I'll keep you posted on results in the mean time I am staying abstinent!