A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

Hiv Fears Still

Hi,

Please someone help im going out of my mind. 3 weeks ago I went for a HIV test after low risk exposure a year ago. The test turned out negative.  
However, when taking the test, because i am petrified of needles and blood i didnt look.
The lady who took the blood said she only needed a little sample and i saw she only had one small test tube bottle. I felt the needle go in and after around 20-30 seconds i felt that she pulled out the needle slightly - but not completely. After about 30 seconds she then pushed the needle back into my arm deeper and this continued for about 20-30seconds also.

I am now so scared that she injected me with something after she took the sample?

I know this sounds silly but i am so scared.

I have loads of red spots over my back - could this be ARS Rash?
Also i woke up today with a mouth ulcer on my bottom lip.

Please somone help this is affecting me deeply.

7 Responses
You need mental help
I know you think i'm crazy, but im still really really scared. Why would she need to push the needle in twice?
I'm really going out of my mind.  I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Has anyone got some advice please?
You know, she was just unprofessional. It has happened to me also once in childhood, a lady was trying to take a blood sample out of my vein and she was just not able to find my vein and after piercing the needle, kept on moving it around inside my skin. My father who was accompanying me got angry and took me to an expensive private hospital.
Instead of her intentions you should be worried about the fact that she was not good at the job.
What I meant was that she was not able to draw out enough blood the first time (might have been daydreaming :-)) and then realised she has to take out more blood.
I spoke to nurse who said needles are sterile but cotton wall bals are not sterile ,is this normal
480448 tn?1426952138
***You know, she was just unprofessional. It has happened to me also once in childhood, a lady was trying to take a blood sample out of my vein and she was just not able to find my vein and after piercing the needle, kept on moving it around inside my skin***

Let me hopefully clear this up for you. When drawing blood.....you don't necessarily get the needle in the perfect position the first time around!!!!  Veins rolls, move, there are "knot like" areas on veins, etc etc....it is perfectly normal, and actually common...to have to maneuever the needle around after injecting it to get the blood return.

She DID NOT infect you with anything....and you were at NO risk whatsoever.  

Yes, needles are sterile....and the guaze/or cotton they use to put on the injection site is not always sterile...it doesn't have to be.  Just b/c something isn't "sterile" doesn't mean it somehow "dirty".

You are perfectly fine...move on!!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.