HIV Prevention Community

Hiv conclusive?

I’m posting to try and ease my anxiety.

I had an unprotected sexual intercouse and oral with a new partner. Around a week later I developed severe flu symptoms, swollen throat, armpits, night sweats, itching etc.

I got tested at the GUM clinics in the UK, 28 days, 105 (15 weeks) and then around 6 months. I’m told the UK clinics use 4th generation, but not 100%.

At the time of being ill I had all sorts of tests coming back negative.

I’m told the tests have a 99+% accuracy, but what about the other percentage it misses? Does taking several tests increase the accuracy even further? I.e. the .2% that is usually missed, would it miss it with every test?

I just need some info to put my mind at ease.

If you were negative after 28 days, negative after 105 and negative after 6 months then your results are conclusive. I'm almost positive the NHS in the UK use 4th generation tests which would mean your results are conclusive after 28 days.
Is there anyway it could be missed as part of the .2%? I know the odds are very slim.

Is the 99.8% changed by The amount of tests or will the .2% always be missed? Sorry just curious
There are NO tests for ANY diseases that are marketed as 100% accurate.  That would be irresponsible and not account for lab errors.  99.8% is as close as you're going to get.   You wouldn't get 3 negatives if you were positive.  Forget about this event and move on.
Repeated testing won't change the result. You need to stop examining your body and trying to work up an HIV theory - most symptoms are in the imagination of the posters just like when med students minds play tricks on them,  often they think they have the disease they are studying because the more you examine yourself the more convinced you will become.