Hiv from giving oral sex to a women of an unknown hiv status.

About 2 mouths ago I gave unprotected oral sex to a women of an unknown hiv status. I was wondering what my rsik for hiv would be. I had a hiv blood test at about 5 and a half weeks ( it came back hiv neagtive) and I know that is not 100 percent conclusive, is it some what reliable at all? I cant stop thinking about it and I dont know what to do. The more I search the worst it looks. Anyways I was wondering if you would recommend I get further testing at 3 mouths or If I should be fine. Also would you recommend that I limit my dating life untill the 3 mouth mark.Thanks for your time and advice and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1) no risk
2) reliable
Helpful - 0
Oral sex isn't a risk for HIV. Air and saliva inactivate the virus so you never had a risk in the first place and never needed to test.  The only ways adults get HIV is from unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse or sharing IV drug needles.  If you don't do those things, you don't need to worry about HIV.

For future reference, the 4th generation Duo or Combo test is conclusive at 28 days and beyond and all others at 3 months.

But no risk from this activity is the main thing to focus on.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community