Hiv from hand to eyes Police officer needs your help

Hello all,

I had an encounter that i am really worried about today and need some advice from you all.  I was entering an abandoned house today where a heroin addict was shooting up and i touched the door knobs and door to get in.  After we arrested the man and took him to the hospital i remember wiping my eyes. when i looked down i saw a little red dot on my finger. I am worried now that i wiped this blood into my eyes from this heroin user.  It was at least 30 mins since i had touched him. Would the virus have been inactive after that 30 mins or am i at risk from this exposure.  Please help i am extremely worried and do not want to infect my wife if i was at risk. Thanks for your help.

Mark
also does hydrogen peroxide kill the virus?  
You never had an exposure. HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Once the virus has been exposed to temperature change, PH change and air the outer shell of the virus becomes damaged and renders the virus inactive and unable to infect.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community