HIV Prevention Community

Hiv nail salon cut! Help!

About a week ago I went to the nail salon to get my fingernails painted! I did not get a pedicure, so there were no tools used on me other than a non-metal, emery board/nail file. When the lady was getting started on my toes, the nail file she used sliced two deep cuts onto two of my toes! Deep enough for them to bleed, and I could easily see how deep the cut was. I saw blood on the nail file, but I was unsure whether or not it was mine. I went to a nail salon that my friend religiously goes to, but it's not one I'm familiar with and I don't know what sanitation standards they have. I'm worried about whether or not I could have contracted HIV from that situation. I don't know if that object was used on someone before me, and if that object sliced someone else! I'm really bothered by it. It was a nail file so I'm assuming that it was reused! If the nail file was used on someone else before me, could I get HIV from the exposure? It's been about a week since it happened, and it's been on my mind all week. I woke up with night sweat, and a sore throat...I'm not sure if I'm psyching myself out or what. I would love some expert information! Thank you!!!
your posting history, here at medhelp, is FULL of anxiety riddled questions.  i hope that you are seeking professional mental help for this.

you had NO risk.  once hiv is exposed to air, it becomes inactive and unable to infect.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.