Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Hiv possible exposure

Hello, I had protected sex with a female sex worker about 9 1/2 weeks ago. The next day after exposure I got a burning sensation in my genitals, went right away to the emergency room. The doctor said it was nothing (saw no symptoms, however got tested for gonnerahea and clamaydia and given antibiotics). Tested negative. I was still nervous, so I got tested again exactly 25 day after exposure for std's (syphillis, ghonnerahea, clamaydia, HIV). Doctor said he saw nothing wrong with me as well. Test results came back negative for everything. I felt healthy for 9 weeks. However, a couple of days ago I started to feel fatigue. The fatigue only occurs in the afternoons and sometimes I feel fine. I also started to experience minor night sweats, nothing profound. I also have frequent urination. I have not had any sore throat, or enlarged lymph nodes or rash at all. What are the possibilies of having contracted HIV?
I am really scared.
64 Responses
229411 tn?1189759425
I am getting really tired of these questions from people who had protected sex.

There are people in here that had UNprotected sex and are therefore at an actual risk.

You had no risk.

See a therapist if you have further concerns.
172023 tn?1334675884
Bluebell, your repeated questions indicate that you are just as irrationally concerned as any of the people who had no risk and are worried.

Its normal to be a little concerned if you had an actual risk, and to feel some anxiety until you get your test results back.

But to come here day after day, posting question after question after question to which there is no answer, shows you are consumed with irrational and abnormal anxiety.  You will find out when you get your own testing at the appropriate time.

You are abnormally worried about this.  I had a needlestick from an unknown patient once.  Sure, I was a bit worried but for GODS SAKE...I hardly thought about it until I got my results.  Choose to be consumed with fear and terror, or choose to be rational.  HIV is NOT an easy disease to contract.  Despite your inflated fear of it...its really not easy to get.  

229411 tn?1189759425
Yes, but I protected myself by making my partne wear a condom every time, then he takes it off without telling me!

A person who would do something like that is shady and doesnt care about others.

I know he gave me something. He took off the condom 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
219662 tn?1223862160
Yep, Teak does that sometimes...
I think he enjoys doing it.
But that doesn't matter now - just take your test and then move on.
What other questions can there be?
229411 tn?1189759425
Teak has also scared me even worse than before I came to these forums...his stories of heterosexual transmission after ONE encounter. I was the unwilling victim of 3 unprotected encounters when he took off the condoms.
172023 tn?1334675884
I scare people when I tell them I got breast cancer at age 35 with no family history.  Sh*t happens.  Roll with it.  
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.