Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Hiv symptoms

Hey guys I had a post a few weeks back. I developed cold like symptoms runny nose,sneezing,coughing, and sore throat about a week and half after unprotected vaginal intercourse with a girl of uknown status. I started reading symptoms of hiv online and think i freaked myself out. I went to dr. about three weeks after exposure he said it was allergies and even gave me a wbc count to calm my nerves it was normal. Then at 4 weeks i got tested it was neg. and kinda felt a little better but still reading stuff on internet I scared myself again. So at 7 weeks i got tested it was neg. i felt alot better after that its now week 8 and I still can get it completely of my mind. My lower back and groin hurt now could this be from all the stress also i do have a physical job and just started working out again.  Im trying to be rational but it is just such a scary thing i cant get it off my mind. Is this a common problem people having symptoms and relating it to hiv or are these symptoms reason for concern? Is the 7 week test a good indicator?  Do you think im over reacting and causing these symptoms from stress I prob. think about hiv 20 hours a day know. I cant sleep it is just really a scary feeling.
1 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.