Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

Hiv symptoms

Hi, sorry if this is really long but on the 31st of august i went on holiday to spain with friends, the following night on the 1st September I had sex with a female prostitute from the street , although a had a condom on i was really drunk and the condom was provided by the prostitute i am really worried incase there was anything up with the condom or something. about two days after I had a real bad stingy/burny feeling in my penis which was really painfull especially when I urinated I got back on the 7th and felt fine I just had a slight blocked nose I went back to work on the 9th with a cold just a slight cough and blocked nose but at work I was felt really run down and exhausted obviously because I'd been on a lads holiday drinking every day and night right? The same night I went straight to sleep on the sofa but woke up got into bed and was shivering and my cold getting worse. I woke up on the 10th feeling alright but I had a sore throat, cough and blocked nose. The day after I had quite a bad ache in my right shoulder which I just though was recovering from the holiday but my sore throat had gone and my cough seemed to get better yesterday I woke up and both my arms had a real bad ache from my shoulder to my hands which felt stiff and weak my cough seemed to have got worse again and I felt really light headed, I have read up on hiv symptoms and was really worried about this so went into a walk in clinic where the told me I have no infection in my penis and the stinging might be from to much alcohol and should get better and I should go back in 6 weeks for another HIV test. I woke up this morning with my arms still aching and I have developed swollen glands I don't know what to think because I've got a real bad feeling as I have most of the symptoms but both my friends i went on holiday with have quite a bad cough and blocked nose. I really need someone's advise as I am really worried I have hiv.
1 Responses
If the condom was broken you could have seen it. You had no risk.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.