HIV Prevention Community

Hiv

Hi doctor,
About 48 hours ago , i had a sex with sex worker . I used condom . I released my sperms inside her , but when i took my penis out i noticed condom was broken. And i released my sperms inside her. Now i am very worried because i dont know the hiv status of that sex worker. Please suggest me what should i do now ? I am very worried.
Hi, dont be worried, a brief one time affair where the condom breaks is not something to be overly concerned about at all. If you have a long term partner you can take the DUO test at 28 days, but again its not an urgent issue.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
I think taking the DUO is a good idea in case you meet someone you really care about for their protection. But as for over-worrying, dont let this eat at you as many consider sex workers more cautious about HIV than the non-working women.
When should i take DUO , i had unprotected sex 48 hours ago
Please or to view.
Yes if she has hiv then a doctor might suggest taking Pep but only if shes confirm hiv positive. Those most at risk is where no condom was used at all but you did have it on most of the time so i would really not be concerned at all.

You  an take the test at 28 days post exposure.
What is Pep ?? Can i do something right now ?? Or i have to wait for 28 days ??
PEP is given to those in high risk scenarios to prevent infection. You did not have a high risk. Just take a DUO test at 28 days.
Ok thanks
Please or to view.
You were protected until the condom failed.  It was low risk.  PEP is only effective if given 72 hours after the event.

Just take a DUO test at 28 days