A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

Horrified and Horrified

Doc
I am 24 yr heterosexual male. I have a clear sex history. A week ago, I had sex with a prostitute in New Jersey. I had protected vaginal intercourse for less than 30 min. I remember inserting my index finger 2 times in her vagina each for less than 2 sec. The intention in this case was not fingering as I did not oscillate my finger to and fro.
Please dilute my the following concerns :
1) My penis at that time was not completely erected, but I had a condom throughout the duration (which was intact and not broken). Is condom on a semi-erect penis successful?
2) The finger that I had inserted in had a small paper cut and small crack near the nail. Could I get the HIV virus provided the lady was postive?The cuts were 3 hrs old, minor and were not bleeding for sure. I know this is skim chance for transmission but some website say that transmission is highly possible in this case.
3) The statistics of HIV positive prostitutes in that part of Jersey is high and this is getting into my nerves.
4) The lady put the condom on me by herself as I came in. Can I trust her condom she used ?

I am getting too much disturbed after the incident, unable to eat or drink or sleep. I am planning to get the PH 24 test to get results as my anxiety does not allow me to wait for long. I have no notable symptoms on my body after 9 days.
Please advise me whether or not to take an HIV test and if my chances of virus transmission is high which test shall give my the quickest result.
2 Responses
Sharma,

As per the experts here and yours was protected sex, you are not at risk. You can read old threads here to relieve your anxiety.you must be doing that already!
186166 tn?1385262982
this is not the "ask a doctor" forum.

nothing you did put you at risk for hiv.  there is no need for testing :)
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.